Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An Afternoon Off

I'm currently sitting in a hammock on the deck of my hostel, catching up on all the 'sweet as' activities I've been up to over the past week and a half. When I left Edmonton just over a week ago, my hometown was experiencing its first blizzard of the season. I drove around the city to say goodbye to a few friends even though my car tires could barely grip on the roads. Now, I'm getting a sun tan in November next to an out of place Santa Clause who is out as a Christmas decoration. Life is strange, but beautiful.

My tour bus is all up on Franz Josef glacier, but I have opted out because I'd like to come back with more time to do a full day tour of the glacier. I think deep down I'm not quite ready to be around snow again. Also, I don't really want to do everything touristy there is to do in New Zealand all at once when I have a whole year to visit everything (well, I hope so anyways).

So for today, I'm going to sit back and relax on my hammock and soak in some sunshine. I am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment