Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Sexy Ride

Jenny and Nick, as stereotypically generous Kiwis, let woofers borrow their van.  The van is quite large, and at first I was a bit intimidated by the double whammy of driving such a large vehicle on the other side of the road.  My fears were unfounded though, as my comfort in driving around Nelson makes it seem as though the van and I have been together for years.  I zoom around town in my sexy diesel ride and accelerate and deaccelarate with slothlike efficiency.  Heavy groceries? You just have to carry them out to the parking lot.  Want to go to the beach that is a 45 minute walk away? Drive there in 5 minutes! Your friend found a job a 30km out of town? Go ahead and see her!

But my time with the green bullet is coming to an end, which means all of you reading this in Canada should be very, very afraid for my return to driving on the right-handed side of the road.  Which side of the steering wheel is for wipers and which side is for signal light again?






No comments:

Post a Comment