Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finding Your Peace in the Hanging Yard

I've been in a weird mood for the past few days. I think I'm getting restless. I want to see things, but they're all just far enough away that it's not worth getting a bus, and I have to think seriously about walking or taking a bike to see them. I always go to the same places in Napier, and it's usually pretty dead. Not to mention the fact that I don't really have the money to spend on going out since I don't have a job.

This went on until tonight, when Rachel came up out of no where and suggested we do yoga. I'm always up for yoga, so I changed into some stretchy clothing and we headed out. Well, we 'headed out' to the hanging yard. Rachel put on some chill music that was complimented by the sound of the ocean just below us, and as we went through our poses, the clouds cleared and the skies of the southern hemisphere came out. It was the weirdest yoga I've ever done. So long as I was ignoring the fact that our safe space was actually an area where people had been executed for horrible murders, I really could find that inner peace.

Oh Prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment