Monday, January 16, 2012

Ocean Spa

One of the last things on my to-do list in Napier was go to the Ocean Spa, which is a pool area right next to the ocean. It's super popular, mostly because Napier Beach has crazy rip tides and locals don't like swimming in it. I hadn't gone at all during my month here since it does cost nine dollars to get in, but the lactic acid was really building up in my muscles after my hike up to Sunrise Hut. Every time I stood up I thought my hips were going to snap. Time for a soak in a hot tub.

Destiny, Kat and I headed down after dinner with the hope of avoiding screaming children. We were mostly successful. We stayed in the hot tub for a long time, only taking two quick breaks to jump in the cold pool. The hot tubs are on a bit of a raised surface and have glass fences, so we could look out at the ocean waves crashing in just metres from where we were sitting. After two hours, my muscles were perfectly relaxed and I was ready to head in for the night. We walked back to the prison in the dark with only our towels wrapped around us.

It's January 16th, and I comfortably walked for ten minutes outside at night barely wearing any clothes. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that it's currently -25 in Edmonton. Suckers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, it's so cold today. And it's supposed to be -48 with the windchill tomorrow morning. I just keep telling myself that in 3 weeks I'll be able to wear flip flops! :)

    ReplyDelete