Friday, February 3, 2012

Danna's Here!

My dear friend Danna arrived in Auckland yesterday to start her own 5 month trip to the great land of New Zealand.  We are going to travel together for the next week or so, and then I am heading to the Nelson area on the south island to commence the "working" part of my working holiday visa.  I guess reality had to kick in sometime.  Danna is still job searching, but is going to try and find something in the same area so we can see eachother.

I have to say, it is really nice to see a familiar face, and I met Danna in Cortona so I already know she's a competent traveller.  Danna had an orientation session today because she came through the SWAP program, so I just chilled around the hostel, did laundry, and caught up on posting pictures on my Flickr account.  I have been a bit low on enpergy for the past few days so it was nice to have 'the day off'.

This evening we headed to Albert Park for the Chinese Lantern Festival to celebrate the end of the Chinese New Year.  We have opted for a quiet night since we have to catch the Magic Bus to Rotorua at 7:30.  Here I go again!



No comments:

Post a Comment