Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eulogy

I am sorry to break the news that my beloved camera has gone to technology heaven. Last week, it had a run in with a leaky water bottle and lost. After a week of IRT (Intensive Rice Therapy), I have decided to pull the plug. Even though it's just a piece of plastic and metal, I'm still devastated. My camera has been with me through thick and thin since December of 2009. Its life was too short, but I can testify to the fact that it lived to its fullest potential.

It has been to 15 countries (and 2 principalities). It was witness to the excitement of the night at Carnevale in Venice, and the dark, dirty corners of Napier Prison. It has recorded hours of brilliant music at concerts and festivals. My dear camera came to the tops of the highest medieval bell towers and deep down into the tunnels used in World War I. It has been through caves and castles, to Sasquatch and Shambhala, and around Hogwarts and Hobbiton. Although I can replace the physical body, I will never forget the adventures we shared together. Rest in peace my beloved little black box, I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment