Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wellington, Again

Because it was Danna's first time in Wellington, I took her around to a lot of the same sights I had been to on my first weekend in the city. This was fine with me since it is a beautiful city with the great vibe. The first evening we had a free dinner in the hostel followed by a walk down Cuba street, took advantage of happy hour in our hostel bar, and then went out to Courtney Place for a few drinks. We were still exhausted from canoeing the day before though, so we went to bed early. The next day, we slept in (glorious!) and then went to the free national museum, Te Papa. When we were done, we stumbled on a Hare Krishna festival happening on the waterfront, so we got free henna tattoos and free curry for lunch! After that, we went up the cable car, wandered around the botanical gardens, and then went back to the hostel where I had my first nap in a long time. That evening we went out to watch fireworks over the waterfront for Chinese New Year. I think Wellington is my favourite city in New Zealand. I'm a bit sad to be leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment